- 1 half stick of sautee express lemon pepper butter
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic (9 cloves)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (or all the lemon juice from the two lemons zested)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 15 ounces, Bertolli light Alfredo sauce
- 8 ounces, Classico traditional pesto
- 1 package of fresh mushrooms
- 1 package of asparagus
- 1 box of bow tie pasta
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Warm the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the garlic, and cook for just 1 minute but don’t allow the garlic to turn brown. Then add in the mushrooms and asparagus. Allow this to cook for about 10 minutes stirring on occasion. In a baking dish add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, basil and 1 teaspoon salt. Combine together. Then toss in the chicken. Then add the butter, mushroom and asparagus mixture on top of it.
While this is baking you can get your sauce ready. Add in half of the pesto and half of the Alfredo to a small pot over low heat. You can adjust the measurements according to taste.
Boil the pasta in a separate pot add salt to taste to the water. Cook to al-dente.
Once finished mix the pasta with the Alfredo pesto sauce. Plate. Then top with the chicken and the vegetables.
This was a random creation we made of things we found around the house. It turned out very well and we have made it a few times since. Give it a try and let us know your thoughts. 🙂