Things I like: spicy food, the color pink, margaritas.
So when I saw this drink it was like a total come to Jesus moment. The angels sung. My mouth started watering. I was hooked and I haven’t even made it yet!
I know this drink and I will be best friends, so I will need to invest in some of this stuff ASAP.
Recipe and image from The Boys Club.
Note: Spicy isn’t for everyone, so make sure to tailor the spice (or remove altogether) as needed. But definitely give this a shot!
Yield: 2 drinks
Glassware: 2 tumblers or copper mugs
2 oz Mezcal
6 oz ginger beer
1 oz. prickly pear syrup
Jalapeño slices (seeded), for garnish
1.Sprinkle salt on a plate and set aside. Run a cut lime along the rim of the glasess. Dip the rim in the salt covered plate. Set the glasses aside.
2. Muddle the lime juice and jalapeño at the bottom of a shaker until well combined.
3. Add the Mezcal, a few cubes of ice and the prickly pear syrup. Shake vigorously until well combined.
3. Pour the mixture evenly into the two glasses.
4. Pour the ginger beer into the glasses until the drink reaches the top of the glass. Stir.
5. Garnish the drink with a few jalapeño slices for added bite.