For all my pasta lovers out there here is a unique spin on a light pasta dish. Now let me start by telling you I am not a pasta fan but I love this dish! A friend gave me the idea of this a few years ago and now I have mastered and created my own version. I recently made it for a date and he loved it! Give it a try and let us know what you think!
- 1/2 pound of shrimp
- Half box of bow tie pasta
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of red pasta sauce
- 1 can of tomatoes flavored in basil, garlic and oregano
- I jar of marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 container of fresh mushrooms (or 1 can)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp of fresh minced garlic
- Crushed Red Pepper, Garlic Salt and Mediterranean Seasoning to taste.
In a large saucepan add the mushrooms, artichoke pieces and tomatoes to it. Add the spices, butter and garlic after. Let this simmer and the flavors absord. About 10 minutes later (After the mushrooms soften) add in the milk and shrimp. Stir occasionally and and taste to see if any ingredients need to be adjusted.
Meanwhile, add the pasta to the large pot of salted water used to cook the asparagus and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta into a large bowl.
Then add the pasta into the sauce. Mix together. Once mixed serve into bowls.