It seems like no two Bloody Mary’s are ever the same. Sometimes that’s good and sometimes not so good, depending who makes it. I have been expierementing a little and below is what I think is a pretty amazing Bloody Mary. Let me know what you think. This is a balanced drink with citrusy brightness and a good amount of heat. It’s best to make the mix the night before to the flavors have time to settle with one another.
- 4 cups Mr. and Mrs T’s Bold and Spicy Bloody Mary mix
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1 large lemon)
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 3 medium limes)
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons peeled and finely grated fresh horseradish
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 3 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Chulula
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) vodka
- Celery stalks (optional)
- Dill pickle spears (optional)
- Green Olives (optional)
- Shrimp (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients in a nonreactive 1-quart container and whisk until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until the flavors meld and the mix is chilled, at least 3 hours or preferably overnight. The mix will keep refrigerated in a container with a tightfitting lid for up to 24 hours.
Garnish each with a celery stalk or dill pickle spear and a pickled green tomato, if using.